Monday, March 25, 2013

I don't like 5

I think turning 5 is the worst.  Up until then they are still my little toddler/preschooler, but at 5 they are officially a big kid and I become a sad mommy.

Now, Miss Firecracker has always been 16 at heart with as well as she has always spoken and as smart as she is (just the other day she and I read through a Fancy Nancy book and she blew me away with how much of it she could actually read on her own) so 5 shouldn't throw me for much of a loop, but now that it is really here, I still don't like it.

Looking back at her 5 years is quite the roller coaster.  She is the child that can push my buttons with the most ease.  I am not quite sure why that is, but watching her grow up has been amazing.  She is still a little firecracker due to her dramatic nature.  If something doesn't go right the first time she is in a tizzy, or if she can't do it herself back up and watch the show, but she has such a gentle heart it makes you want to melt.  I call her a "little mommy" because she is all over taking care of anyone younger and she is always the first to volunteer to help out if mommy needs it.  She is a people pleaser.  Nothing makes her face shine more than to know she made someone proud or helped them in a special way.  She is also my most inquisitive one, wanting to know all the details she can on any given subject and she'll recite them all back to you whenever something reminds her of the topic.  She is one smart little cookie and is going to do big things with her big heart.

She wanted a Hello Kitty party this year, and I have to say it was a pretty easy party to throw.  Hello Kitty is everywhere right now, so there was no shortage on finding supplies and decorations, even though I made most of them myself.

Here is a photo blast of her party:

HELLO 5!




Homemade pinata!  Out of  paper grocery bags

All dressed up and ready to get their toes painted!

The finished product

Preschool treats on her birthday!

0 comments: